Say Goodbye to Slippery Dentures
All-on-4 dental implants combine the stability of dental implants with the full-arch benefits of dentures. This restorative procedure requires only four strategically placed dental implants and can fully restore the form and function of your smile in one day. Dr. Bruce Watkins offers All-on-4 dental implants at his Elkhart, IN, location. If you are looking for a permanent solution to replace multiple missing teeth or are hoping to upgrade your dentures, Dr. Watkins will be glad to help you explore the benefits of this restorative procedure.
How All-on-4 Dental Implants Work
Once Dr. Watkins determines that you are in good oral health and that All-on-4® dental implants are a good match for your restorative needs, you can begin planning for the implant procedure. The doctor will identify where to best insert four titanium posts into the jawbone based on the availability of bone mass. These posts act as artificial tooth roots and provide the anchors for your prosthetic.
Minor surgery is required to place the implant posts. Once they are firmly in place, a temporary set of dentures will be affixed to the posts. In the months that follow your surgery, the implants will fuse with the jawbone through a natural process called osseointegration, ideally creating a solid foundation for a restoration. Once this process is complete, a set of permanent, custom-made teeth will be attached to your implants.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
In addition to restoring the health and function of your smile, the All-on-4 procedure also:
- Offers immediate results: All-on-4 implants can restore normal chewing function the same day the procedure is performed. You can walk out of the office with a stronger, more reliable smile.
- Provides a stable platform: While traditional dentures can slip, All-on-4 dental implants are firmly grounded in the jawbone. You do not have to worry about dentures sliding out of place when you eat or speak.
- Offers a long-term solution: All-on-4 dental implants have a 94.8 percent survival rate after 10 years, according to the American Dental Association. You can rest easy knowing that your smile will stay healthy for a long time.
- Prevents bone loss: Because dental implants replace both the teeth and tooth roots, they can stimulate the jawbone in the same way. Consequently, implants are the only restorative option that can encourage new bone growth.
- Does not require bone grafting: Because the implants can be placed where jawbone density is greatest, there is often no need for bone grafts.
Dr. Watkins has achieved the Diplomat level of training with the International Dental Implant Association, the highest distinction available in dental implant and bone grafting training.
Am I a Good Candidate for All-on-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 is usually recommended to patients who are in good oral health but are missing multiple adjacent teeth. Beyond that, candidates plants may be:
- Dissatisfied with traditional dentures
- Lacking sufficient jawbone mass to support traditional dental implants
- Adverse to bone grafting
- Experiencing difficulty with speech
- In need of a long-term solution to missing teeth
Learn If All-on-4 Dental Implants Are Right For You
All-on-4 dental implants restore oral function while providing numerous cosmetic benefits. Dr. Watkins has achieved the Diplomat level of training with the International Dental Implant Association, the highest distinction available in dental implant and bone grafting training. You can rest assured knowing that we can provide high quality care available. Contact Watkins Family Dentistry through our online contact form or call (574) 293-9832.